Thursday, July 8, 2010

Rehab

Acupuncture

I have to admit that my initial thoughts were of scepticism and that has to be from my first appointment about a week after my surgery. My knee was still very swollen at that stage and I think that the discomfort I was feeling, was a result of the stress of the operation and the longhaul flights I was due to depart on a few days later.

BUT I have to say that I’m feeling a bit better about this form of treatment. I had another session earlier this week (my 4th one) and I feel a difference – didn’t think that I’d hear myself say that when my wife originally suggested it to me.
She hardly ever reads this blog so I think I’m safe putting this in writing – she was right and I was wrong about acupuncture.

Pretty quiet week this week, just concentrating on work and keeping the bike riding to the weekends – we are in the middle of winter right now so it’s dark when I go to work and it’s dark when I get home. Had plans to get back in the pool this week but 2 staff out of the office put pay to that idea. Being the boss is great, I can come and go as I please, but I also have to make sure that the office is well staffed before I go off and do my own thing. The pressures of it!!!!!

Still waiting on the dates to be released for the Contact Tri Series here in New Zealand – this is a series of races over the summer around the country but this week I have entered the first 3 races of the summer AND I have also booked our accommodation for another race in January.

I think I need to get a wall planner for home (I have a list of events I’m planning to enter on my work computer) to keep track of these. I’m also planning on speaking to a couple of coaches to see if this is what I need. I know I’m just starting out but there are a few long term goals that I am thinking about and I guess the best thing to do is seek some advice and see if I am being realistic or not.

One thing I learned long ago – if in doubt about anything, seek advice from those that know.

Have a great weekend and be safe out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment