Saturday, October 3, 2009

Out of Town

I’ve been off the radar for a week – took a short trip out of the country to Melbourne, Australia. My wife had a conference to attend and I thought I’d tag along and have myself a real break. I booked a nice hotel for us and it fulfilled all the criteria i need – it had a pool, spa, sauna and a gym. We had an apartment with full kitchen facilities so even better.

She “conferenced” and I swam, used the gym, relaxed, walked around the city and had some time to myself – this was just what I needed. We also timed the visit to be able to see an NBL (National Basketball League) game between the Melbourne Tigers and the New Zealand Breakers. It was a good game but not the result that I was hoping for or supporting - the Melbourne team won – bugger !!!

Checked the surf yesterday, good swell running but as the water temp is still only 11 degrees Celsius or 51.8 degrees Fahrenheit, it’ll still be a few weeks until I brave the conditions. There is still a bit of snow in the mountains which keeps the ocean temp low so another few weeks and I start to consider it.

I’ve been for some bike rides through the forest and had a few pool sessions to get the fitness levels up and have entered my first full triathlon this weekend – I’ll let you know the result but my goal is to finish and still be able to walk !!!!

I’ll post a few pictures of the basketball game when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment