Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bye Bye Baby


Bye bye baby
It’s hard to say goodbye to one of your babies and that is what I’ll have to do tomorrow.

I’ve sold one of my boards – it’s a beautiful Legend Point 7’6” “gun” – I have surfed this board in Fiji, Indo, West and Eastern Australia and around some big breaks in the South Island of New Zealand but age catches up with you and it has.

It’s sat in the board rack in my garage starved of attention, almost neglected and hasn’t been used in a few years. Sadly age and a few extra kilos have put paid to that so it’s with sadness I say goodbye.

I have some amazing memories of it and probably the best one that springs to mind is getting tubed on a very nice right hander at Wilkes Pass in Fiji.

Water was warm and crystal clear, a gentle offshore blowing and about 5 guys out – this is etched in my memory and will remain there for the rest of my days and all I have to do to relive it is close my eyes. What a session !!
Goodbye fair board, thank you for the memories and good times. I’ll let you go so you can bring pleasure to someone else and I promise there will be no jealous thoughts had. Get back in the ocean and do what you were born to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment