Thursday, June 10, 2010

Scandinavia Photos

Pictures galore – Scandinavia trip, May 2010

Please excuse the map but it’s just to give you an idea of where we went and in what order:

We flew into Copenhagen and went straight into some sightseeing starting with the royal palace where Princess Mary lives (the Aussie chick from Tassie) Had the night in Copenhagen with beer tasting at the Carlsberg Brewery. The next day had breakfast in Denmark, lunch in Sweden and dinner in Norway – lunch was in Gothenburg, a beautiful city before heading onto Oslo. More sightseeing the next day before heading off to the ski resort of Geilo (pronounced Yay-low) this too was a stunning little town – took heaps of pics. It was then up and over the mountains (this is the pictures of the snow and yes, I’m wearing jandals on my feet) onto Bergen on the coast. This was probably my most favourite place, the ocean has a certain smell and it just felt right!!

Was offered whale to try and I politely declined – coming from New Zealand and considering what is going on in the Southern Ocean with Japan, I couldn’t do it!!

Enough of the politics – From Bergen it was onto Flam and a 4 hour cruise out on the fjords and back to Flam. The Flam train in world famous and I can see why, more pics of snow and frozen lakes. It was then onto Oslo for the last night and the HUGE Gala dinner – this is where we were all given our awards for being the top sales people in our respective countries and it was great to get all dressed up and treated like royalty.

The Grand Hotel in Oslo is where US president Obama stayed and it’s also the place where the Nobel dinner is held for the Nobel Peace Prize etc – very flash indeed.

Enjoy the photos.


















2 comments:

  1. Wow, you posted so many lovely pictures:) It looks like you had a nice vacation traveling to several beautiful places! I appreciated the map:) I love the picture of you in the snow wearing your sandals.

    You mentioned vivsiting a brewery and tasting samples. I am not a huge beer drinker but I am on a mission....looking for something that was made for me. I do not like the light beers that taste like blah or the really strong bitter/dark beers. Did you have a favorite?

    Congrats on your very impressive award:) The Grand Hotel look stunning and your menu for the evening....wow! I also think that you and your wife look amazing! You look like royalty:)

    Thanks for sharing again! I hope that you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, thanks again for your kind comments -yep, this was an amazing trip!!! Everyone gave me crap for wearing my jandals but I was very comfortable indeed - I hate wearing socks and I know a lot of surfers who feel the same way (I think it has to allowing the sand to get between the toes) I think you should try a light pilsner type beer, light in colour and lite in tatse - I'm not a big fan of the dark beers either.
    Thank you on the award comment - it was very cool and the menu was amazing as well!!

    One thing though - the blond in the picture wasn't my wife, her name is Leitia and she is the New Zealand Marketing and Sales manager for the company that took us away and she was the one that presented me with my award.
    Sadly, this trip was not one that the wife was able to come away on and yes, I'm still hearing about it!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete