Thursday, June 10, 2010

Friday Post – Sneaky and other stuff

I’m putting plans in place for something “sneaky”

You know when you get absolutely blindsided/surprised – I had such an event 4 years ago when my sneaky little sister got together with my sneaky wife and threw me a surprise 40th birthday party.

My sneaky workmates and my sneaky soccer teammates were also in on the elaborate hoax – did I mention that they got me good. I had no idea and I guess that’s the way that a surprise party is meant to go, so job well done everyone!!

Let’s just say that I’m making plans and will let you know the outcome at a later date. Look out!


On another note – I’m feeling better and my knee is also feeling a lot stronger. I can walk almost without a limp. I’ve been on my bike every night – it’s dark outside when we get home from work so I have the bike set up in the living room on the wind trainer so it’s all good (and nice and warm) I’m hoping to get out on the road this weekend depending on the weather. Have also been for a few swims but haven’t been doing any kicking which I have to say has been heaps of fun dragging my heavy ass up and down the pool!!!! (not)

I’ve really enjoyed reading a few of the blogs I follow – big “ups” to Julie and Tall Guy, following you guys is awesome and also huge ups to surfsister and whiff – thanks for my surf stoke. I gotta say that my surf adventures over the summer amount to very little. As scary as it sounds, after the crap year in 2009, it’s fair to say that my head has been in the business that we own instead of our personal lives that we live. This will change, but for now the focus has to be on the business. If you are a business owner, you’ll understand what I mean.

I’ve also found a few new blogs that are by triathletes and people who do triathlons – there is a subtle difference I think. I would consider myself a “person who has done a few triathlons” as I’ve literally only done a few but really intend on getting into this great sport – I just love it, I’m not that good at it but I still love it. My wife calls me a triathlete which I kind of love but we both know that I’m not there yet, maybe after next summer when I put a few results on the board.

Roll on next week – World Cup fever is upon us – yehaaaa!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I could totally see you doing some tris and kicking some ass! Remember that race report that I read months ago? Someone we both know placed for his age group! I am glad that your knee is feeling better:) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, thanks for your kind comments yet again - you are so nice and I really apprciate the feedback. When I see how many blogs you follow, I feel very privilaged that you take the time to share your comments with me.

    I'm really looking forward to getting back into the fitness thing and over this injury for sure - I have a race in mind for next year that I want to target overseas, so as soon as I find out if it's possible to attend, I'll post all about it. Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete