Thursday, June 24, 2010

Friday post

Wow what a quiet week with not too much to report at all
Last week I was out of town for 3 nights – wonderful work meetings but great to catch up with colleges from around the country. It was at venue about an hour and a half out of town so I took my bike with me and set up the wind trainer in the lounge room (we had a 3 bedroom apartment) and managed to get a few workouts in every morning and evening. My alcohol intake was very minimal over the few days which was a very good thing – I’ve been in trouble with a bunch of these before but all good clean innocent drunken fun!!!!


Had a phone call earlier this week from one of our airline reps asking if I was free on Thursday to fly up to Auckland to see the new seats and seating configuration for their new aircraft. Sounded like a horrible assignment so naturally I said yes. There were 6 of us that took up the invitation so off to Auckland we went all very interested to see this new and innovative product. They call it the Sky Couch – the first lay flat economy seat and have to say, not too bad at all. It’s going to be very interesting to see how the demand is for it.

I’m 6 foot tall and let’s just say that it’s not really designed for me but I can see the segment of the market that the airline is targeting and I think it’ll be a great seller.

Here is a picture of the new design.











We also got the chance to sample the airlines new premium economy and also the new business class lie flat bed – these are fantastic products and should be the market leader in this sector of travel.

Sometimes we get these type of opportunities and we have to grab them with both hands – this was a great day out of the office.

Did I mention that we went out and had an awesome business lunch – Brilliant working day!!!!

I do love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment