Thursday, April 8, 2010

Friday Post

Just a quick update on last weekend.

I mentioned about going for a swim in a freshwater, man-made lake, check it out on Google Earth (just search Pegasus, Canterbury) and zoom in on the lake. It was really nice. A bit cold but it is April after all.

I took a couple of photos just from the beach where we started (on the map, this is the south beach) and we swam out under the bridge to the other end of the lake and back, coming back around the island. All up about 1500m.













Soccer starts tomorrow for the winter, can’t believe that the winter is just about upon us AGAIN – mind you, we don’t get cold temps like you guys in the states with heaps of snow. I have to admit that I do love the snow – I spent a couple of winters in Lake Tahoe working on ski resorts many years ago and also spent a winter in British Columbia skiing – it was AWESOME!!! ( I got married in winter in BC )

Will update you on a later post about my winter exploits – 1 springs to mind as I write this – went to Santa Cruz for a weekend from Tahoe to have a surf. Yes, we were CRAZY KIWIS but had an awesome surf at Steamer Lane with the seals. MAN WAS IT COLD !!!
( I’ll try to find some of my old photos and try and scan them to post.)

Have a good weekend all.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures again!! Wow, you have really traveled all over!! I can't wait for more pictures and stories on your winter trips!! Take care and have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete