Wednesday, December 16, 2009

No swell

Sometimes you think the universe conspires against you and other times you just think that “shit” just happens?

Every time I have been all set to get out for a surf it has either been a howling easterly (onshore) or zero swell!!!

I remember many years ago when I first started to work on ski areas, I’d be out skiing in any weather, snow storms - out skiing, huge snow falling – out skiing, whiteout conditions – out skiing. I was young and silly.

As the years passed so too did my enthusiasm for the conditions where it ended up that I would become a “fair weathered skier”. Blue sky and sunshine – out skiing for sure, anything else – no chance.

So it seems with my surfing, years ago when I started I’d be out in all conditions and it didn’t worry me at all but over the last few years I think I’ve become a little bit “picky” where I wouldn’t go out just to paddle around in circles. What’s the point - I’d rather go for a swim or bike ride?

An update on the last few weeks – I’ve completed 3 triathlons and really enjoyed them and have another one this weekend which has an ocean swim. This should sort the men from the boys I imagine and might be quite entertaining for the spectators. The previous one have been started in waves (groups of 10 people 1 minute apart) but this one will be a mass start with everyone running into the ocean at the same time – can’t wait!!

Spent a bit of time on the house and section – I enjoy this because you can see the fruits of your labour and results.

Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. How did the new bike perform in the triathlons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis, it was awesome (thanks for asking) but I'm thinking that I need to a little more distance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you often need to overtrain with cycling. You need to do a distance longer than your race distance just to get your body accustomed to it all. You also need to do interval training.

    Can you tell I raced bikes for several years?

    ReplyDelete