Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Uh oh

Daffy Duck Freaking Out, Waving Arms


Kinda freaking out (just a little bit)

The start list for the Auckland Triathlon next month have just been released, 199 entrants in the Sprint race, 29 starters in my age group and I did a silly thing and checked on the pedigree of my fellow age group participants and WOW, there are some pretty good triathletes amongst them.

This race is the first of 2 qualifying races for the ITU World Age Group Championships in Auckland in 2012.

A few weeks ago I went to the Canterbury Tri Club awards and dinner ( see previous post and I won Novice of the Year, stoked!! ) where Hamish Carter made a small speech and he made one particular comment that I will now share and more so for me – YOU can only control what YOU do and not what anyone else does, focus on this only and race your own race.

That’s why I’m only freaking just a little bit - this is a good thing though!

No comments:

Post a Comment