Sunday, October 30, 2011

Season 2011 / 2012

I start my 2011/2012 Tri season this weekend at Lake Hood, Ashburton Sprint race


Back in May I entered this race Auckland Tri - it’s come around so quickly I can’t believe this race is in less than 3 weeks time.

I’m treating this weekend as a “training” race where I can try a race pace swim, T1, bike. T2 and a short run off the bike to see how I feel. I’ve been seeing a couple of amazing people who have been so helpful and all with the single aim of getting me to the start line in the best possible condition. I do not want to use my bad knee as an excuse but I do need to be cautious.


Thank you Sarah, Julee and Sonia – you are all AWESOME !!!! – this weekend will give me an indication of where I am, how I am placed and where I need to improve.

In 3 weeks time I have to be ready to step up and race the race of my life if I want to achieve my goal of qualifying for the 2012 ITU World Triathlon Championships in my age group. It started months ago but Sunday will be my first real test – I’ll let you know how I go next week.

1 comment:

  1. My big guy is doing the Auckland race this weekend and I'll be right on the sideline cheering him on :)!! Love you xxx Sonia

    ReplyDelete