Saturday, January 8, 2011

House of Travel Triathlon Festival 2010 Race report

Hi all,

This will be a short post but with heaps of pictures for you Julie so please enjoy!!
I had a great race and everything just clicked – I have my next race coming up next week as part of the National Series (Contact Tri Series New Zealand)

The HOT Tri Festival is the event that our company had the naming rights for and it was an awesome inaugural race.
It was a 500m fresh water swim, 15km multi loop course bike and a 5km run – I mentioned above that I had a good race as I was well prepared and pretty relaxed.

I'm on the far right of this start with the X on the front of my wetsuit, about to start my stopwatch
Came out of the water in 4th position and had a super quick T1.










Got out on the bike fast.






The course was 3 laps of a 5km street circuit and the roads were very smooth – great fun ride.


T2 was pretty quick as well but there must have been an issue with the timing because I don’t have a split (not to worry)





Heading out of T2 with legs like jelly (jello)


The run was 2 loops of the lake, a nice smooth path and very scenic as hopefully the photos will show.
Crossed the finish line strong in a time of 1.07.34 – this was 86th out of 161 competitors, 58th out of 89 men and 29th out of 42 in my age group.

I’m pretty happy with that.
Enjoy

Here are photos of  the Elite race winners - Tony Dodds (currently world Under 23 number 4th ranked male on the ITU) and Andrea Hewitt (current world number 6 on the ITU)

2 comments:

  1. This seems like a lot of fun, but it seems coldddd to run outside like that! A big LIKE on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is your knee doing? It looks like it doesn't bother you at all! Good work on the tri!

    ReplyDelete