Friday, November 26, 2010

Thoughts

I need surf!!


Work has been really busy and I’ve been quite sick with a chest infection – very frustrating as I haven’t been able to get out training. My next race is in 8 days so I’m really hoping that I feel up to it?

It’s been a really sad week here in New Zealand, not sure if you’ve seen or heard the news but we had a mining accident at Pike River Mine on the West Coast (about 4 hours from where we are, we are on the East Coast) with 29 miners losing their lives in a series of mine explosions.


This is all that has been in the media for the last week or so and it really bring home just how fragile life can be.

These guys were miners, they go underground everyday and are well aware of the dangers involved in this industry. Does it make any of this easy? No.

Our thoughts go out to the close nit community that is Greymouth and the West Coast.

What a few months it has been – we went through a huge earthquake in our city, surf legend Andy Irons died and this tragedy close to home.

Makes you appreciate what you have and take nothing for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment