Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Andy Irons dead - RIP

This blog is called Travel / Surf Guys thoughts.

– right now my thoughts go out to the Irons family at the loss of their son/brother Andy.

I’ve just heard the news that Andy Irons has been found dead in a Dallas hotel room en route to Hawaii from Puerto Rico, suffering from Dengue Fever. WOW is all I can say right now.

I do not know him, I have never met him nor seen him surf but I feel a connection. All surfers feel connected to each other in some way (I can’t explain it) but I feel a loss. This is a huge loss to the surfing world. I have lost people who are close to me and I can only sympathise with his loved ones and especially all his friends and comrades on the ASP tour.

RIP Andy – rest in peace and keep RIPPING it up.

Kia Kaha brother

3 comments:

  1. I get it...I feel the same way when a triathlete dies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest in Peace Andy! I never knew him either, but have watched endless videos of him and followed his progress on the World Tour. I can't believe it was Dengue fever. Usually people of good health like the elite athlete he was don't die from Dengue. I'm going to paddle out today despite the crappy conditions and ride one for Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad...sorry to hear the news about a fellow surfer of yours. I know how easily we can become connected with people who share the same passions.

    ReplyDelete