Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Reflection:

Tomorrow marks a year to the day that I started my blog and it’s time to look back and ask myself – Has it been what I thought it would be?

I think that it has been a wonderful journey and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it. I’ve had moments of sadness, joy, confusion and excitement – it’s been quite interesting reading back over many of my posts from the past year. I’ve got 4 followers (wohoo!!!) 1 being my wife.

I started this for myself and I’m just happy that I am able to write down my thoughts and experiences.

I follow a few blogs and have done so religiously since before I started my own blog and this has been so much fun and very rewarding. I feel like I know these people and one day, I hope to meet some of them. Isn’t this the way we humans are wired, to go out and explore and find new experiences?


Things I have learned about myself:
- I am not infallible and I need to cut myself some slack. Nothing taught me more about this than my knee injury this year.
- I can do whatever I put my mind to.
- I seriously need to surf more, travel more and work less.
- I am so lucky to have the wife that I have – she “gets” me and that’s really cool.
- I can live through a 7.1 earthquake but my nerves have taken a beating!!!

Things I have learned about others:
- Friends come and go but the special ones’ remain right by your side through thick and thin.
- I do not suffer fools and man, are there some fools out there?

Things I’ve learned about blogging:
- It’s great fun
- Big “ups” to Surfsis, Julie, Tall Guy Surfing and One little Tri Girl – you guys are all awesome and I thank you all for allowing me into your lives
- Stuff you write today will be totally different tomorrow.


Take care all and I look forward to the next 12 months.

Steve

3 comments:

  1. Happy Blog Anniversary! I just happen to love your blog and enjoy your stories and adventures! I am also a sucker for all of your amazing photos:) I love following blogs from around the world. It gives me a little look at what else is out there! Thanks for sharing part of your life and world with me:) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think blogging is a wonderful thing. Like you, I write my blog for myself, but I acknowledge that others are reading. One thing I've learned about blogging is it is definitely not for the faint of heart. I think what's commendable about people who blog is that they just put it out there, warts and all. I do that. You do that. Other bloggers, although not all bloggers, do that as well.

    I'm glad you started your blog. Keep writing!! It's your baby. There are no rules (even though some will attack you as if you've broken some). Take care!!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys,

    thanks for your kind words. Julie, I'm pleased that you love the pictures and I love to share them. Sis, you're right, there are no rules and I just enjoy the fact that I can write what I like.

    I am enjoying it and as I said, I'll keep doing it for as long as the interest stays with me.

    Taake care and thanks heaps for reading/following and I really apprciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete