Thursday, March 4, 2010

Very Cool News

Well, it’s Friday afternoon and I’m sitting at my desk at work, it’s raining outside, nearly the end of the day and I’m looking forward to the weekend ahead.

Out for dinner tonight as a very good friend has left one job (and leaving town tomorrow) starts training on Monday for a week and then starts her new job the following week. She is beginning her career in the industry that I am in and it’s very cool to have been a source of advice for her and I hope that she knows that she can call on me anytime for advice or mentorship – I would be honored.

Tomorrow morning, hope to sneak in a surf as there is a new swell on the horizon BUT I have my last triathlon for the season on Sunday morning so will make a judgment call when I have a look at the surf early, if it’s really good I’ll go out and probably suffer on Sunday – I will keep you posted !!!

Sunday afternoon I will have my ass well and truly parked on my couch watching a game of football (soccer to those in the USA) – our one and only team from New Zealand is playing a semi final match in the Hyundai A league Australian competition – they have had an awesome season and fully deserve to be there so “good luck boys” – I’ll be cheering for you!!

Anyway – the heading of this post is very cool news and here it is – I have just been advised that I am off to Scandinavia later in the year with one of our suppliers – all expenses paid, How cool is that?

In any sales industry, you have targets to meet and sales to make – every year, one of the coach tour companies takes away their top sales people on a trip overseas. They take the top from both New Zealand and Australia and treat them like royalty. Last year they took the top 5 people from New Zealand, I was number 6 – this year I made sure and am number 1 but this came with a lot of assistance from my team.

The old adage of “you support us and we’ll support you” is so true BUT I also want to stress, our mantra is “what is best for our clients, first and foremost”

I haven’t received any of the details thus far and don’t expect to. They like to keep it to themselves and keep the mystery of it which is kinda cool in itself – watch this space.

Have a great weekend

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you have a nice surf tomorrow:) Wow, you sure do get to travel to alot of really nice places with your job! I am just a wee bit jealous...you must take pictures of all of these exciting places and post them in your blog!! I hope that you have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie - thanks for that. I hope so too, if not, maybe a "light" swim will do the trick.
    Yes, I've been very lucky with the amount of travel I am doing and have done. I guess it comes with the territory as I have owned this travel business for the last 6 years. I love it and I love talking about it, hence the name of the blog - thanks again for taking the time to dropping by, it's really nice to know that someone is interested. You have a great weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete