Thursday, January 14, 2010

Perks

In my line of work, sometime we are very lucky to have certain experiences that other are just not able to.

I have the opportunity to host a small group of clients to lunch – but, not an ordinary lunch. This is a crazy world we live in with all sorts of rules and regulations, so when an opportunity presents itself that is fantastic, you grab it with both hands and run with it (so to speak) I know this sounds a little “cryptic” but worth explaining.

For the general public, going onboard a Cruise ship is only allowed when you purchase a cruise. Simple enough. But for us in the travel business though, we are often invited aboard these ships when they are in port, to have a good look around, so that we can advise potential clients on the facilities and experiences that they can have. Fair enough you might say – every now and then we get an opportunity to go on an actual cruise.

However,

Tomorrow I am taking 10 clients onboard a Royal Caribbean ship for a “walk around” and a hosted lunch when she is in port. A very special opportunity indeed and one that I am extremely grateful for.

Some of these clients are seasoned cruisers, some have only cruised a couple of times before and 2 of them have never cruised before BUT are booked to cruise on this particular ship – they are the most excited and I can understand why. This will just blow them away – the size, the facilities, the grandeur, the staff and of course the food!!!!!

This photo is not the actual ship but it’s very similar to the one tomorrow ( I took this photo last year when I was on a cruise in Europe – this was taken just off the South of France)


– I’ll take a few pictures and post them next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment