Monday, July 11, 2011

Travel

I love planning trips and wouldn’t you know it, this is what I do for a living. They say – “do something you love and never work another day in your life”

Being in the travel industry, you’re always thinking about your next trip and look at the best options to suit. We all know that time is precious and this goes for our own leisure time as well.

Everyone thinks they want the cheapest price where in reality, they want the best deal based on what they want to achieve out of their own leisure time – this I get and understand completely. I am the same way and assume that so is everyone else.
So earlier this year (if you’ve been following my blog) I took a small group to Rarotonga for the Rarotonga International Triathlon – it was awesome.

The next trip we have planned is a business trip next month to the Gold Coast in Australia (also known as Surfers Paradise) SO as you can imagine, I’ll be banking some quality surf time. I only surf in the summer at home now, the cold water just does a number on me so this is just what I do now BUT that’s not to say that I can’t take a trip overseas in winter and get my fill of waves. The plan on this trip is 2 days of meetings stuck in a conference room and the rest of the time, hopefully a different type of room (a green room, one hopes) we are going across 2 days before and staying for 2 days after the meetings so there’s 8 sessions at least if the conditions permit and I’ll plan to hit it early before the meetings on the Thursday and Friday.

I have had many years of travelling with boards and am quite used to it but on this occasion I’m planning on renting a board. I’ve been checking out rentals etc and have found a great option of a company who will drop off and collect the board to the hotel I am staying at and the price is very reasonable. I’ll post the details etc after this trip if all goes well and give them the kudos but until I experience it, I’ll keep it on the “down low”

I also have another business trip later in the year but you could also call this a bit of a small holiday – we are going on a cruise from Sydney to Melbourne. It’s a 2 night cruise on Princess Cruise Line. I’m taking the wife as this will be a very nice “introduction” to cruising. Our office has received an invitation to attend this on the basis that we are a very good supporter of this product and we have achieved the status of an “Emerald Agency” with Princess Cruises. There will be a few meetings and I would suggest that more than a couple of drinks and functions to attend. Should be a hoot and it’ll be nice to get out of dodge for a few days. We’ve added on a night in Melbourne after the cruise as Melbourne has awesome shopping. With Christchurch basically having no CBD (Central Business District) we have to get the shopping fix somehow?

I’m a firm believer that you have to have something to look forward to and there is no better thing than travel. Travel is fun, it broadens the mind and it can make you either crazier or saner than you are right now – this is a good thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment