Thursday, October 14, 2010

Friday Post

Can’t believe that a week has gone by – actually I can.

We are short staffed at work right now so each days seems to blends into the next, hence why “it is what it is” – I have one staff member in India right now on holiday and he’s having a great time. I have another who is off work ill so that means it’s just the 2 of us. Fun and games I can assure you.

Julie and Sis – you’ll be pleased to hear that I finally went for my first “post surgery” run last night. I planned on a 3 km run on grass to just test it out and see how it felt – I did 3.6km in 18 minutes and it felt ok. A little sore this morning but to be expected.

Swim later today and a bike/run in the morning. That’s the plan at this stage as Sunday I’m working which is a bit out of the ordinary but we are having our annual UK/Europe and Cruise Travel Expo. Should be good fun but very busy I’m sure.

Got my van back and it’s all road legal now so now it’s just a waiting game until a swell shows up and I’ll be hitting the surf – always get excited around this time of year as the anticipation of the first surf draws near. I’ll end up getting smashed and battered but it’s well worth it and with all the swimming I’ve been doing should make it a little easier. For a surfer there is no better feeling than the sand between the toes and the taste of the salt water – still don’t know how the sand manages to get into every orifice and I just can’t wait for the “nose dribble” while getting changed post surf ( you all know what I mean, don’t you!!)

I’ve got this picture at the top of my blog but want to put it in again – this is my local break at Brighton Pier and I took this picture one winters morning. This was such a beautiful morning.
I don’t surf in the winter anymore, call me soft, call me old or call me intelligent but the body just can’t handle the cold water. I am lucky though that I can head overseas to get my winter surf fix if I need to.

Have a great weekend – be safe, take care and look after Mother Nature. Who knows, she might just send us a nice swell.

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! You went on a run and went longer than what you were expecting:) Nice work!

    Oh my goodness, surfing season is starting:) This is exciting for me too because this means you will be posting pictures:) You know how much I love pictures of that ocean of your's!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you and your repaired knee. Now you can go back to your life. Just take it easy. Listen to your knee. When it needs a rest, give it a rest.

    Surf season? I'm still one who believes every season is surf season. But I hear it gets extremely cold in New Zealand. I don't blame you for not surfing during the cold months.

    Catch a left for me!!

    ReplyDelete