Thursday, October 7, 2010

Friday Post

Roll on Summer.


It must be getting closer as I can just about feel it – it’s starting to warm up, the days are getting longer. I’ve got my van in the shop getting it roadworthy so I can throw my long board in the back to head to the beach and I’ve been getting a few kilometres on the bike over the last few weekends.

We’ve even planted a few dwarf fruit trees in the back garden AND I’ve entered quite a few events this summer – if you’re interested, here are a few “links” to them. I'd be interested in everyones thoughts?

Blokes Tri Series – http://www.blokestri.co.nz/
Goal – to beat my times from last year

Surf n Turf Ocean swim series – new website coming next week but this is an 8 race ocean swim series with the distances getting longer

House of Travel Triathlon Festival – http://www.triathlonfestival.co.nz/
Goal – top 10 in my age group

Lake Hayes Triathlon - www.iconicadventures.co.nz/southern-tri-series
Goal – top 10 in my age group

Contact Tri Series events (in Wanaka and Christchurch) – http://www.triseries.co.nz/
Goal – as this is a national series and my first time competing, my goal is to finish strong and at least compete

State New Zealand Ocean Swim Series – Corsair Bay event - http://www.oceanswim.co.nz/
Goal – I finished 4th overall and 1st in my age group (out of 148 competitors and 15 in the 40-49 group) I won a gold medal for my age group last year so I want to do the same but I’ll be swimming the 1000m race this summer

Rarotonga International Triathlon - www.rarotri.com/
Goal – to finish, never done an event like this before so plan to use it as a holiday as well

All I need to do now is train, race, surf, swim and try and fit a little bit of work in there somewhere – will keep you posted on my results with full race reports.

I’ll look back on this post and see if I’ve achieved what I have written above

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like you have tons of great races on your schedule for the season! It is so hard to believe that you are now starting your spring/summer and I am moving into fall weather and shorter days. I can handle the cooler temps but I miss my daylight:)

    I hope that you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie - thanks for that.

    Yep, really looking forward to the summer and getting into these races to see how I'm going.
    The longer days are going to be great and I'm sure our dogs will be very happy to spend more time in the garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Travel/Surf Guy! Nothing quite like setting yourself some goals to really help make things happen - you're an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete